This is likely part of a set for Boardwalk Empire, which has filmed on this very block. (We also saw a former Boardwalk Empire set earlier this month in Sunset Park.) It's certainly not an actual historic establishment, at any rate, although the fading painted sign at right (close-up) looks to be authentic, uncovered as these storefronts were being given a makeover. Check out the transformation of this block, especially the buildings just south of here, between January and August of last year.
Named Germania when it was launched in 1892, this tugboat (closer look) has been stranded here at the northern end of Port Richmond Avenue for at least a decade. (It was apparently in better shape and being restored as recently as the early to mid-1990s.) Right beside it, you can see the last remains of an old wooden barge that had also been grounded here for quite some time. The barge caught fire a few years ago, and what was left of it has deteriorated even further since then.
Located on the north side of the church, this is the oldest section of the cemetery. It was in use as a family burial ground by 1705, predating the construction of the first church on the site by at least a decade. The oldest gravestone found here dates to 1746.
This church was constructed in 1844, but its congregation is much older — the oldest on Staten Island, in fact. Its earliest members began worshiping together in 1665, and later built their first church, on this site, in 1715.
This old bank, with its vault alarm still in place, is now occupied by Mar Gregorios Syrian Orthodox Church, established in 1975 as the first Malankara (Indian) Syrian Orthodox parish in North America.
Another view of 2172 Richmond Terrace
Winner of a 2014 Historic Treasure award from the Preservation League of Staten Island
The Tower Hill station on the abandoned North Shore branch of the Staten Island Railway
Two fading beauties in Port Richmond
Homes-to-be rise in the foreground; meanwhile, work is now underway to raise the roadway of the Bayonne Bridge 64 feet to accommodate the larger ships that will be navigating the Kill Van Kull once the expansion of the Panama Canal is complete.
at the Engine 287/Ladder 136 firehouse. Closer look here; two other parts of the memorial here and here.