Engine Company 31
September 14th, 2012
A sign on the wall of this former firehouse (currently home of the Downtown Community Television Center) proclaims:
This building, constructed in 1895, is among the best of the many eclectic firehouses built by Napoleon Le Brun & Sons. Today it seems surprising that such an elaborate design would be used for so utilitarian a structure. The entire spirit of the building — with its corner tower, steep roof, dormers, and stone and iron crestings — recalls a romantic fairy tale.